Gorbel Free Standing Jib Cranes
are designed for heavy duty, high productivity applications. Free standing jib cranes are Gorbel’s most versatile crane with capacities from 1/4 ton – 5 tons. When using a Gorbel jib, operators can position loads precisely, effortlessly, and efficiently while the precision tapered roller bearings provide smooth operation and long life. Jib cranes are perfect for open areas where they can serve several work stations, and in outdoor locations, such as loading docks.
Free standing jibs can even be placed underneath large bridge cranes or overlapped with other jibs to provide staged operations.
Gorbel’s Freestanding Jib Cranes are designed for ease of installation. It has a bolted head/boom connection which permits separate installation and provides maximum lift for the hoist since it can be installed very close to the underside of the lowest ceiling obstruction for greater headroom. Movable trolley stops, independent head assembly installed separately from the boom, and recessed bearing assemblies allow greatly reduced clearances and aid in the ease of installation.
Free Standing Jib Crane Data
- Capacity up to 10,000 lbs.
- Coverage: Circular, Standard spans to 20′
- 360 degree rotation
- 3 mounting styles: base plate mounted, sleeve mounted, insert sleeve mounted
Features and Benefits
- Independent head assembly installs separately for ease of installation
- Full supporting triangular base plate gussets are used instead of struts to minimize crane deflection and make positioning loads easier
- Circular coverage areas
- Outdoor applications such as loading docks
- Applications underneath large bridge cranes
- Machining or assembly applications
- Base plate mounted
- Sleeve mounted
- Insert sleeve mounted
For our other material handling products please try: www.powerandmotion.com